I’m a creature of habit and breakfast is definitely a good habit I’ve picked up over the years. When I was younger I hated eating breakfast, I felt like I had no appetite that early in the morning. But now, you don’t want to see me if I haven’t had a chance to put something in my system. This is a meal I like to whip up when I have a little more time than usual want to stray away from something sweet. It’s super nutritious and a change from the typical bacon and eggs. -Whit
What you’ll need:
1 sweet potato
1 cup egg whites
½ lb shrimp (peeled + deveined)
Salt + pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic salt
- Peel sweet potato and cut into ½ inch cubes
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil at medium heat.
- Add potatoes to skillet and saute until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and place on paper towel lined bowl to drain excess oil.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to scramble egg whites until fluffy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to saute shrimp. Season with garlic salt and crushed red pepper.
- Plate all food, add sliced avocado to top eggs and sprinkle with lemon.